How Can a Chiropractor Help with Pulled Muscles?
You can easily pull your muscles while working or playing sports. Even sitting still all day behind a desk can result in muscle pain. When you experience a pulled muscle, it means that there has been a strain or tear within the muscle. The most common areas for a pulled muscle are the shoulder, neck, lower back, and hamstring. At Sunnyside Wellness & Chiropractic Center in Fresno, CA, our doctor and technicians can treat your pulled muscle so you can move freely again.
Chiropractic Care for Pulled Muscles
When you come in for an appointment, our doctor will assess the severity of your injury. He will also evaluate your range of motion. This can be tested through a variety of movements that show the true condition of the muscle. Our chiropractor will then perform the necessary treatment depending on the location and severity of your pulled muscle.
There are several treatments our doctor may use to reduce inflammation and relieve pain. These are designed to help your body recover from the injury as quickly as possible. Modalities that may be included in your treatment plan include:
- Cold Therapy – Cold therapy, also known as cryotherapy, is a potential first step to relieve the pain and swelling associated with a pulled muscle. Cold therapy will also help reduce any potential bruising.
- Heat Therapy – Several hours after cold therapy, heat therapy can be used to increase blood flow to the pulled muscles. Heat therapy also increases the flow of oxygen to the area, encouraging healing. This treatment will also reduce stiffness and increase your range of motion.
- Ultrasound – Ultrasound waves create a deep heat in the injured area, increasing blood flow, and promoting healing.
- Phonophoresis & Iontophoresis – This treatment uses an electric current or ultrasound in combination with a topical drug to reduce pain.
- Electrical Stimulation – This treatment uses low voltage electrical currents (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and H-Wave therapy) to stimulate the affected area, reducing pain and inflammation.
Chiropractic Care in Fresno and Clovis
If you are experiencing pain and discomfort because of a pulled muscle, come see our chiropractor at Sunnyside Wellness & Chiropractic Center in Fresno, CA. Our team has the skills and knowledge to help you heal quickly and safely. We also serve Clovis, CA. Don’t put off treating a pulled muscle, come see us today!