At Sunnyside Wellness & Chiropractic Center, our Fresno and Clovis chiropractor Dr. Thomas Potigian has spent nearly 40 years helping people find relief from their neck pain. This common condition can be extremely frustrating and impair your ability to function at work and in your day-to-day life. Natural relief is possible and we'd be honored to show you how!
Common Causes and Risk Factors of Neck Pain
Your neck pain may develop quickly and suddenly after an obvious event such as an auto accident, fall, or other acute injury. Alternatively, you may feel like your neck pain's just "always" been there, giving you chronic problems for years. What's causing it? Here are a few of the most frequently diagnosed neck pain issues:
- Osteoarthritis (age-related joint inflammation)
- Disc herniation or bulge (when a cervical disc ruptures or bulges out of place)
- Degenerative disc disease (age-related disc thinning and damage)
- Whiplash (neck strain due to rapid neck flexion/extension)
- Vertebral misalignments (with or without overlying muscle guarding)
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Cervical stenosis (gradual narrowing of bony passageways in the neck)
- Cervical radiculopathy (compression of a nerve root in the neck area)
Symptoms of Neck Pain
The neck is a highly mobile part of the spine. Unfortunately, stiffness is one of the main symptoms of neck pain conditions. In addition to stiffness, you may experience dull, sharp, or achy pain the neck, as well as shooting, burning, or numb-like pain in one or both arms (if nerves are being compressed).
Our patients with neck pain also often report headaches, jaw pain, emotional stress, shoulder pain, and trouble sleeping.
How Our Fresno and Clovis Chiropractor Relieves Neck Pain
Dr. Potigian offers several treatments which can alleviate your neck pain naturally and help you avoid surgery and drugs. These services complement and enhance each other, especially when implemented in a customized plan of care best-suited to your goals and needs:
- Chiropractic adjustments, for realigning the spine and optimizing your entire musculoskeletal system
- Decompression, for nerve impingement and disc damage
- Exercises for core strength and improved posture (including ergonomics)
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling, to drive home healing at a cellular level and teach you ways to optimize your WHOLE body and mind for total transformation
Do You Have Neck Pain Troubles?
When your uncomfortable neck pain finally has you thinking, "Where's a doctor of chiropractic near me?" we invite you to contact Sunnyside Wellness & Chiropractic Center at . We're your go-to location for natural treatment of many different acute and chronic conditions. If you're in the Fresno and Clovis area, give us a call today.